As an adviser to employers I am actually very well placed to act for individual employees. I understand how employers think, strategize and maneuver in order to manage out or exit an employee. So, if you are in a situation where this is happening to you and you need support then I can provide that. Due to time constraints and the need to prioritise workload as a rule I will only take on individuals who are recommended by existing or past clients.
Pre-termination advice. What do you get and what does it cost?
- A free 10 minute conversation to check that you would actually benefit from legal advice, for example it may be obvious that your situation is best resolved by a conversation with your manager or HR, a few pointers about how to handle this may be all that is needed.
- Assuming you would benefit from professional advice, a fact find and analysis of your situation, help with understanding how employment law applies to your circumstances. If you are misinformed about this then that is hardly likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Support over the telephone or e-mail as your situation develops. This can be provided out of hours if necessary, eg where you cannot make private calls from work. It is important to have someone around who can provide informed and objective advice.
- Someone to ‘shadow’ your dealings with your employer when it comes to correspondence, conversations and meetings.
- Someone to conduct negotiations directly with your employer as and when that becomes appropriate.
- Advice from counsel in complex cases.
- Analysis of any Settlement Agreement which you have been presented with and sign off arranged for you.
Costs. These will be specified on the first call and then put in writing. This service is offered at realistic rates, but an initial payment is typically required prior to commencing the fact find.